[TYPO3-core] RFC #14390: Provide a way to see Install Tool DB passwords in the form

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 17 22:22:18 CEST 2010

Hi Lars,

Lars Houmark schrieb am 15.05.2010 00:03:

> Lars Houmark wrote:
>> This is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Tweak / Usability improvement
>
> Attached is a v2 which is compatible with IE browsers. If the browser is
> IE, it will inject a new text-field using prototype next to the password
> field, and update the value. When clicking again, the field will be
> hidden and the value from the normal text field will be copied back.
>
> Besides that the entire function is now using prototype namespace only.
>
> Tested in IE6 and IE8 (besides all the other REAL browsers) - I guess
> IE7 will work also :)
>
> One minor nitpick. When testing in Firefox the field is positioned more
> to the right, but I could not quickly figure out what was the reason.
>
> Besides that, IE still has serious design issues in the Install Tool.
> Especially in the 1-2-3 mode.

Your patch wasn't really applying changes in the "text" version of the
input field (the IE necessary clone field), because of a different
"name". So on swapping hide/show status, you have to swap "name" of the
fields to (and ID, while we are at it), so that on submit the correct
information is submitted.

I reworked your code a bit to make it more clear when the "clone" field
is created and made the "swapping" of fields more explicit.

The CSS bug with the wrong indenting of the checkbox in FF was due to
the fact that font-size was something "different" for a checkbox in FF,
so 19em meant some px more. Setting it explicitly to "font-size:100%;"
fixed that.

I had some trouble to test the 123 mode because it was always enabling
"dbal" auto-magically. And thus "step 1" was rendering the DBAL
templating. So additional template for DBAL is required (password fields
there), see 14390_v3-dbal.diff. Side-note: I think this DBAL integration
in the install tool is great, but has to be more tested before
release... If I am on MySQL only I don't want it to enable DBAL by
default. Do I?

Check it out, v3 attached.

Cheers,
Ernesto