[TYPO3-core] RFC #14348: Fix some link targets in the Install Tool

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon May 10 18:05:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

Susanne Moog schrieb:
> On 10.05.2010 17:21, Lars Houmark wrote:
>> So, do you have some JS code (which you used before) to accomplish this?
>>
>>> Please keep W3C validation in mind, especially now we started the
>>> Backend Cleanup Project.
>> And with that I can only respond; Please keep a working (and user
>> friendly) TYPO3 installation in mind.
>
> I actually hate target attributes, because I want to choose myself how
> links open. I expect all links to open in the current window, except
> those I open with "open in new tab" or "open in new window". Especially
> in the install tool where most people will likely be experienced
> computer users I don't think target attributes are really necessary.

but the reason is clear - if you didn't saved your changes they will get
lost as soon as you click on one of these urls. This is the purpose of
this RFC, and this will surely match to unexperienced users. So why
bother them with such behaviour.

Doctype is correct, but using transitional would solve that without
loosing valide html.

What is more important: userfriendly interface or nice looking xhtml
strict html source?

vg Steffen