[TYPO3-core] RFC #14348: Fix some link targets in the Install Tool

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon May 10 19:06:32 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Doctype is correct, but using transitional would solve that without
> loosing valide html.

So here is my request for changing doctype to XHTML 1.0 Transitional for
the Install Tool in order for it to be the same as the backend is. This
will allow the most simple solution, which is target (the proposed
patch). I also heard that it is planned to have the entire Install Tool
rewritten for 4.5 so with that in mind I think it matters less what is
the doctype for 4.4 as long as usability is kept on a decent level.

Please vote for this, if there is backing, I will provide a combined
patch to get link targets fixed.

P.S. I very quickly tested and found no styling problems changing the
doctype.

--
Lars Houmark