[TYPO3-core] RFC #14348: Fix some link targets in the Install Tool

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon May 10 17:21:58 CEST 2010

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Broens wrote:
> The install tool is using a XHTML doctype, which does not allow the
> target attribute. This could be solved with:
>
> * Use a customized DTD with the W3C XHTML Abstract Module for the target
> * Use javascript and class combination for the links, which is preferred
> by me.

Well. This should have been done from the beginning imho, when deciding
to chose a very strict doctype. The way links are opened right now is
completely out in the blue imho.

For one, try logging into the backend, load the install tool, and then
in the install tool, click "Backend admin" under the menu.

So, do you have some JS code (which you used before) to accomplish this?

 > Please keep W3C validation in mind, especially now we started the
 > Backend Cleanup Project.

And with that I can only respond; Please keep a working (and user
friendly) TYPO3 installation in mind.

--
Lars Houmark