[TYPO3-core] RFC #14348: Fix some link targets in the Install Tool

Patrick Broens patrick at netcreators.com
Mon May 10 17:12:08 CEST 2010

On 10-5-2010 16:59, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Patrick Broens wrote:
>> -1
>>
>> The install tool is using a XHTML doctype, which does not allow the
>> target attribute.
>
> More precisely: the Install Tool uses XHTML 1.1 and the backend uses
> XHTML 1.0 transitional.
> So, when you open de the Install Tool in the backend only the frame
> where the Install Tool is shown uses XHTML 1.1.
>
> I really wonder why XHTML 1.1 has been chosen... (but that is off-topic
> for this thread)

It shouldn't mather. I always use XHTML1.1. IMHO transitional is just
some kind of way to "hide" the markup errors. Transitional explains
itself, a transition between the old markup and the new one. Because the
whole markup of the install tool has changed I decided it was better to
use the 1.1 variant, which means a well-formed markup (when validating ;-)

Cheers

Patrick