[TYPO3-core] RFC #13729: Cleanup: t3lib_div CGL Cleanup: Missing spaces around string concatenator

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Mar 3 16:37:17 CET 2010

Hi,

Sebastian Gebhard schrieb:
> Am 03.03.10 15:36, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>> Hi,
>>
>> you still missed spaces.
>>
>> Examples:
>> $newFile = substr($theFile,0,-4) . '.gif';
>> return intval((int)$verParts[0] .
>> str_pad((int)$verParts[1],3,'0',STR_PAD_LEFT) .
>> str_pad((int)$verParts[2],3,'0',STR_PAD_LEFT));
>> $string = substr($string,0,$valueLenO) .
>> self::calcParenthesis(substr($string,$valueLenO+1));
>>
>> a.s.o.
>>
>> vg Steffen
>
> As I said, this RFC only focuses on spaces around string concatenator
> (the dot operator).
> Adding spaces after comma and around other operators whould make this
> patch 2 or 3 times longer.
> As a next step I plan to hand in a patch which
> - replaces tabstops with spaces before opening curly braces
> - adds spaces after comma
> - adds spaces around the operators: = .= + - *

don't you have a code formatter? Than it can be done with one click. I
configured Zend to get core CGL, only missing 2-3 issues.
I would prefer to have RFC per file.

I don't want to block you, but manually doing this is time consuming and
stupid work, so let's find the tools doing this automatic.

vg Steffen