[TYPO3-core] FYI: Further Release Planning 4.4

Sebastian Michaelsen sebastiangebhard at hoch2.de
Thu Jun 17 08:09:18 CEST 2010

Am 16.06.10 23:37, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I just wanted to give you a quick update.
>
> 1) I will package RC1 tomorrow at 9.30am (MESZ)
>
> - I will revert any TCEforms changes we made so far regarding the skin
> as I consider the current changes there as unstable (in terms of the
> HTML structure).
> - Joey's fixes for IE will be included as well
> - Anything else that is commited until then, will be included
>

> 2) I will package RC2 on saturday containing the following changes
> - Update to latest Extbase / Fluid version
> - Styling of TCEforms in a simple way to match the current design of the
> backend
> - Minor fixes to the icons, skinning and install tool
> - Anything else that is I consider necessary can be committed until then
>

> 3) The final release of TYPO3 4.4 is still scheduled to be on Tuesday,
> June 22nd.
>
> Thanks to all for your hard work.
>
> All the best,
> Benni.

I don't know if this is an option but releasing 1 or 2 weeks later with
really polished TCEforms would be better than releasing it quick 'n
dirty. I don't want to say that Steffen G. and the others do their work
dirty (they do a great job) but with a bit more time the result could be
a bit more perfect and stable.

.02$

Sebastian