[TYPO3-core] FYI: Further Release Planning 4.4

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 17 09:16:20 CEST 2010

Sebastian Michaelsen wrote:
> I don't know if this is an option but releasing 1 or 2 weeks later with
> really polished TCEforms would be better than releasing it quick 'n
> dirty. I don't want to say that Steffen G. and the others do their work
> dirty (they do a great job) but with a bit more time the result could be
> a bit more perfect and stable.

I can see your point. We could include the polished TCEforms in 4.4.1,
but that would only make 4.4 look like a on-schedule scrum-release (you
know, the "we have a working version with each iteration" idea).

An unpolished 4.4.0 would also confirm the existing idea that it is
never wise to use x.0 versions for production and one should wait until
x.1 is out.

As a side note: for the next 'major' version, it would probably be wise
to have a feature freeze without exceptions.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl