[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #14130: Switching pages with browsebox doesn't work

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Jun 3 20:34:25 CEST 2010

Hi Ralf,

>>> just for the records: the js solution was introduced because of the url
>>> - it was too long for a get param. So removing js would also need to
>>> change GET to POST
>>
>> Thanks for this information. And we know performing a POST from a link is not that easy without JavaScript...
>
> There exists a patch for exactly achieving this with
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1347 (option for transmission by GET
> or POST is included there). I've used this patch on a bunch of systems
> and have not experienced any problems so far.
 >
> But I'd assume that this is rather something for 4.5, right?

Yes, as said earlier in this post, I've seen that there was another (better) approach with additional settings to remove this internal redirect or at least allow user to choose among GET or POST with
JS as currently. But this may either be considered as a change of behavior or an additional feature in TYPO3. I consider this a feature as the current behavior may be kept. But we are close to RC1,
feature freeze was with beta1 and the patch fixed the problem introduced with 4.3.3. As such, I'm for integrating the "better" solution once trunk is not 4.4 anymore and a branch has been created for 4.4.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en