[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #14130: Switching pages with browsebox doesn't work

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Thu Jun 3 18:16:43 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

Am 03.06.2010 14:09 schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
>>> I'm totally fine with that opinion. I agree that I'd better like a
>>> JS-less solution. But the point is that it works (or should) with
>>> current implementation. This is what I'm going to do this afternoon.
>>> Now once this is fixed, I agree we have to remove or at least allow to
>>> remove that JS!
>>>
>> just for the records: the js solution was introduced because of the url
>> - it was too long for a get param. So removing js would also need to
>> change GET to POST
>
> Thanks for this information. And we know performing a POST from a link is not that easy without JavaScript...

There exists a patch for exactly achieving this with
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1347 (option for transmission by GET
or POST is included there). I've used this patch on a bunch of systems
and have not experienced any problems so far.

But I'd assume that this is rather something for 4.5, right?

Cheers
Ralf