[TYPO3-core] RFC#15122: Bug: Icons for users in page tree are inconsistent

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Jul 26 12:15:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Ritter wrote:
>> that might be pretty simple - for people knowing the stuff - i know...
>> attached is a slight old-new comparism,
>> the first rows show the color of the user types and their groups, as
>> well as the icon for an page which is of type "be_user-section"
>
> I had to move much close to the monitor to see what is on new icons for Fe
> restricted pages and "includes subpages". Old icons had larger "user" part
> and they did not require to look much closer.

at design meeting we came to a different conclusion: if somthing is
inherited to subpages, the line color of the tree should change to
indicate this.

> Can we do something else, like increasing user's overlayed icon? I almost
> hear editors saying "what's that small bug on the page icon?"...

indeed the small area is not easy to identify. It even gets harder if a
page has many indicators like shortcut, user, hidden etc.
Jens wanted to come with a solution, but didn't happened yet.

vg Steffen