[TYPO3-core] FYI: #15187: Add em and list to required extensions

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Fri Jul 23 18:25:47 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

>> I wonder if this is sufficient... I just updated from trunk and, while
>> I was able to add the missing sysexts with the Install update wizard,
>> I could not find neither the Extension Manager, nor the List
>> extension. I had to manually edit typo3conf/localconf.php to add them
>> to "extList" in order to have them back.
>>

> you don't need to add them to extlist. The setting "requiredExt" is
> included with config_default, and if you don't use it in your localconf
> it works without any doing.

I understand that this is the intent. However, it did not work for me
when I updated from trunk. Now, I note that I had
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["EXT"]["requiredExt"] = 'cms,lang';
in typo3conf/localconf.php. It must have been there for a long time. I
can't remember whether and/or why I would have added it manually.
Perhaps the Install Update wizard should update it automatically if it
is present.

Regards,
Stan