[TYPO3-core] FYI: #15187: Add em and list to required extensions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jul 23 19:41:04 CEST 2010

Hi Stan,

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>>>>
>>> I wonder if this is sufficient... I just updated from trunk and, while
>>> I was able to add the missing sysexts with the Install update wizard,
>>> I could not find neither the Extension Manager, nor the List
>>> extension. I had to manually edit typo3conf/localconf.php to add them
>>> to "extList" in order to have them back.
>>>

>> you don't need to add them to extlist. The setting "requiredExt" is
>> included with config_default, and if you don't use it in your localconf
>> it works without any doing.
>
> I understand that this is the intent. However, it did not work for me
> when I updated from trunk. Now, I note that I had
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["EXT"]["requiredExt"] = 'cms,lang';
> in typo3conf/localconf.php. It must have been there for a long time. I
> can't remember whether and/or why I would have added it manually.
> Perhaps the Install Update wizard should update it automatically if it
> is present.

yeah, that might be a relict from a very old version. This also should
make problems because of missing sv ;)

But good point anyway to add the extensions in update wizard if required
is overwritten, including check for sv, cms and lang too in case someone
has a weird setting.

I will come with a solution soon.

vg Steffen