[TYPO3-core] RFC #15075: feature: make a pre-check for required php-extensions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Jul 12 00:20:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> mysql is not necessary as such but a database driver is. I'm OK for
> having the test for mysql as long as there is a pretty way of overriding
> this check with an "enhanced" one if DBAL is active, that's all what I'm
> asking.

for a pretest there is no selection of a DB driver. I think it's worth
to test for mysql extension, but throw a warning if it's missing, that
tells: it's only possible with a database driver. Or only allow in next
step selection of a database driver (+ a message that native mysql is
not supported and only a database driver can be used).

vg Steffen