[TYPO3-core] RFC #15075: feature: make a pre-check for required php-extensions

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Jul 12 14:52:21 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 12.07.2010 00:20 Steffen Kamper wrote:
> for a pretest there is no selection of a DB driver. I think it's worth
> to test for mysql extension, but throw a warning if it's missing, that
> tells: it's only possible with a database driver. Or only allow in next
> step selection of a database driver (+ a message that native mysql is
> not supported and only a database driver can be used).

Now we're heading towards more usability. Great.

In fact, TYPO3 depends on a DB module, but not a distinct one. Therefore
the installer should test for all available DB modules, and only throw
an error if none is found.
No warning if mysql is missing but other DB modules are present!

Any DB module which is found, should be shown in association with the
name of the corresponding DB system.

In addition, the missing (potential) DB modules should also be listed
with the suggestion to install one of these modules to be able to use
the corresponding DB system.

--
cheers,
Steffen