[TYPO3-core] RFC #15075: feature: make a pre-check for required php-extensions

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Jul 11 23:15:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

> The list of required PHP modules was supplied by Dmitry in respons to
> "FYI24 #6208: zlib must be compiled in to make an extension lookup" on
> July 7th, 2010 16:43h.

Yes, I read this thread too.

> I simply picked one of the function supplied by these modules and check
> if this function exists.

That's OK.

> Maybe we should first come to an agreement which modules are absolutely
> necessary:
>
> - filter
> - gd
> - json
> - mysql
> - pcre
> - session
> - spl (seems to be needed by extbase)
> - xml parser
> - zlib

mysql is not necessary as such but a database driver is. I'm OK for
having the test for mysql as long as there is a pretty way of overriding
this check with an "enhanced" one if DBAL is active, that's all what I'm
asking.

Let's see what others say regarding this patch and I'll later see how to
make it "compatible" with DBAL without having to XCLASS it. We'll find
some easy and good looking solution!

Regards
Xavier