[TYPO3-core] RFC #15075: feature: make a pre-check for required php-extensions

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 11 22:16:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> Solution:
>> Add a test in the 1-2-3 installer which checks if the modules are
>> compiled with PHP. If one or more tests fail the script aborts with a
>> message showing the module(s) which are missing.
>
> How do you attend to let DBAL be used? I mean you are testing whether
> mysql_connect exists but in case one would like to install TYPO3 without
> MySQL this is not needed. Should DBAL override this test? I'd better
> have a way to remove this check without having to rewrite the whole
> method with XCLASS or something like that...

The list of required PHP modules was supplied by Dmitry in respons to
"FYI24 #6208: zlib must be compiled in to make an extension lookup" on
July 7th, 2010 16:43h.

I simply picked one of the function supplied by these modules and check
if this function exists.

Maybe we should first come to an agreement which modules are absolutely
necessary:

- filter
- gd
- json