[TYPO3-core] RFC #15075: feature: make a pre-check for required php-extensions

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Jul 11 21:20:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Solution:
> Add a test in the 1-2-3 installer which checks if the modules are
> compiled with PHP. If one or more tests fail the script aborts with a
> message showing the module(s) which are missing.

How do you attend to let DBAL be used? I mean you are testing whether
mysql_connect exists but in case one would like to install TYPO3 without
MySQL this is not needed. Should DBAL override this test? I'd better
have a way to remove this check without having to rewrite the whole
method with XCLASS or something like that...

Best
Xavier