[TYPO3-core] RFC #5779: Hide dotfiles such as .svn in filelists

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Jan 4 18:57:09 CET 2010

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:

> What should happen if you delete a directory which contains hidden files
> (so any hidden file except .htaccess). Two options:

So I would like to get some comments (this is why this is an RFC) on how we
should cope with the whole issue:

*1* Leave it as it is. Show all files
*2* Find some way to hide files, using some clever settings or rules for
    users/admins
*3* Hide all files except .htaccess, and behave as those files would have
    never been there when deleting a directory ;)

Any of the three ways has it's advantages and disadvantages. Please keep in
mind that this issue is only a backend usability issue, and does not affect
rendering speed of the FE! So variant *2* would not have a great impact but
allow maximal configurability - which is one of TYPO3s powers if you would
ask me.

greets,
Bernhard