[TYPO3-core] RFC #13580: htmlArea RTE: Extjize the RTE

Steffen Kamper ks at dislabs.de
Thu Feb 18 23:17:52 CET 2010

Hi Stan,

really impressive work!!!

It's really a huge patch and difficult to make a complete review, so
here my +1 on reading and testing. Reading means reading code without
analysis, testing different entries, buttons, combos, context menu etc.
All looks great. There are some minor issues, here are some i saw while
testing:

* context menu: the height is wrong, it takes complete browser height.
Also there is a strange mouse-over effect changing size of menu items.

* the toolbar should get another background, atm it's the same
background as the surrounding area, so it looks a bit "loose". (this is
only css and really minor)

Btw - it would be great to have button groups drag&drop like we know
from office packages. i've seen a plugin doing this. Quick search
brought this source:
http://github.com/floriancargoet/ExtJS-Toolbar-Drag-Drop/blob/master/Ext.ux.ToolbarDnD.js
Maybe it's worthy.

I love the combos with autocomplete and the clean Ext-Forms :) Great you
did this!

vg Steffen