[TYPO3-core] RFC #13580: htmlArea RTE: Extjize the RTE

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sun Feb 21 17:18:30 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

> It's really a huge patch and difficult to make a complete review, so
> here my +1 on reading and testing.
Thanks.

There are some minor issues, here are some i saw while
> testing:
>
> * context menu: the height is wrong, it takes complete browser height.
Ok, I will look into it. Note that you may configure which items will
appear in the context menu with:
RTE.default.contextMenu.showButtons
RTE.default.contextMenu.hideButtons
Default is to have all buttons (but no dropdown).
> Also there is a strange mouse-over effect changing size of menu items.
Yes, perhaps some css tuning will fix this.

> * the toolbar should get another background, atm it's the same
> background as the surrounding area, so it looks a bit "loose". (this is
> only css and really minor)
I don't know what would be best here. I think it is the same look as before.

> Btw - it would be great to have button groups drag&drop like we know
> from office packages. i've seen a plugin doing this. Quick search
> brought this source:
> http://github.com/floriancargoet/ExtJS-Toolbar-Drag-Drop/blob/master/Ext.ux.ToolbarDnD.js
>
> Maybe it's worthy.
I will look into it. However, I could not use the Ext Toolbar object
because it has a very static table layout.

I hope that you and other ExtJS experts have a look at how the framework
is used here. And maybe suggestions on how to improve performance in IE.

Kind regards,
Stan