[TYPO3-core] RFC #12773: [PHP 5.3] Extension uploads are not possible

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 15:31:20 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-02-15 11:44:25 +0200, Marcus Krause said:
> By looking up the according entries in the PHP bugtracker, I don't see
> it has been worked on or is clearly working again in 5.3.1.
> And for other PHP user's it's not reproducable whereas.

As I said it is only PHP 5.3.0. The problem is that all earlier PHP
versions did not sent Content-length header with SOAP responses despite
the fact it is required by the specification. PHP<5.3.0 did not care
when it got such content. 5.3.0 added this check. Thus anything sent by
earlier versions was not accepted any more. I do not rmemeber where I
read it, but PHP guys reverted this behavior to compatible in PHP
5.3.1. If you do not trust me, I can search for it but I really do not
think it is worth spending time for this :)

>> Additionally this bugfix allows SOAP calls to use TYPO3 proxy settings
>> which was missing in the original implementation.
>
> You're retrieving the WSDL via a proxy if available, but the upload
> won't be routed through a proxy. So, this cannot be declared a fix for
> e.g. #0002663.

May be it cannot be declared as such but it is tested and works :) I
have PHP 5.3.0 on my MacBook. Extension uploading does not work without
this patch and works perfectly with it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member