[TYPO3-core] RFC #13380: Bug: Recursive deletion of alternative page languages

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Feb 13 16:49:54 CET 2010

Hi Andreas,

I finally found time to come back to that issue. Sorry for the delay.

> You will be able to reproduce the described behaviour if you use the
> supplied testcase. The testcase was build to show the worst case that
> could happen due to this bug.

Indeed by strictly following your instructions I could reproduce the
behavior.

> V2 of the patch contained one [ too much in "['transOrigPointerTable']".

Ah, that was it!

> Please try the attached v3 of the patch.

This works perfectly. Thus +1 after reading and testing.

I just wonder if the better solution would not be to change
t3lib_BEfunc::isTableLocalizable(), because a table that acts as a
foreign localization container cannot be itself translated IMO. However
this method is used in quite a few places throughout the Core and I
don't know what the consequences might be. So since this bug is pretty
critical, we should go ahead with the version you proposed.

I'm not sure if we need another +1 on the v3 version, but anyone
interested should give it a spin, so that it can go into 4.3.2, if Olly
agrees.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter