[TYPO3-core] RFC #12644: Documentation: Create a version matrix

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Feb 10 21:27:05 CET 2010

Hi,

You may have come to believe that this project was actually dead, but it
wasn't ;-)

As Ingmar mentioned it required first that we had a discussion inside
the core team about the maintenance policy of current stable and older
TYPO3 versions. We felt that such discussion belonged only to the core
team, as we are the ones actually taking care of the releases. The
security team also contributed to the debate, as they are closely
related to maintenance too.

The version matrix is now public [1] along with the new maintenance
policy [2].

The main change is that TYPO3 4.1 is not marked as deprecated anymore,
as it may still benefit from critical security fixes until 4.4 is out
(see [1]). It is now indicated with the status of "obsolete" to still
show that it's old stuff that shouldn't be used anymore.

I know that some other ideas were floated in this thread and that the
publishing of this page may now come as a bit of a surprise. But I felt
it was okay to go ahead because it contains important information that
should not be withheld any longer.

This doesn't mean that the discussion is closed. Feel free to comment on
this page, but please open a new thread in the typo3.teams.typo3org
mailing list.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter