[TYPO3-core] Core Documentation repository restructured

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Feb 10 21:51:59 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the Core Documentation SVN repository was
entirely restructured. It used to be "inside" the Core SVN which was
somewhat awkward. It has now been moved to its own repository [1]. It
has also been reorganized so that instead of having tags, branches and
trunk on the first level and then a folder for each manual, the manuals
are now on the fist level, and each has its set of tags, branches and trunk.

All this was done without loosing a single entry of SVN history. The
person to thank for weaving this incredible SVN magic is Andreas Wolf.
We have a wizard here, guys, I hope you appreciate that.

This new structure then allowed Sebastian Kurfürst to create a new Forge
project for Core Documentation [2] with subprojects for each manual.
Many thanks also to Sebastian for creating all this.

First of all this new structure offers a better visibility on what's
happening with the documentation. It also makes it possible for me to
invite other people to work on it, and precisely give the rights to a
given manual.

There will be more to come. Stay tuned.

--

Francois Suter