[TYPO3-core] RFC #16832: Bug: error when using t3lib_TCEmain->clear_cacheCmd in frontend

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 25 21:09:28 CET 2010

Hi,

On 25-12-2010 20:00, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> SteffenK already wrote that he's planning a centralized way for cache
> clearing. However I doubt that it will/can go into 4.5.

That's up to the RM and SteffenK happens to be half of the RM :-)

> And although TCEmain is not meant to be used in FE, this particular
> function is in use and didn't break with 4.4, but breaks with 4.5

It only worked when you called it with an integer; other calls with
'pages', etc. didn't work.
The only (ugly?) workaround is to create a t3lib_beUserAuth object and
send that with the call to t3lib_TCEmain::start(). In that case there is
a 'valid' user object and you can even clear all pages, etc. like an
admin would.

The current 'fix' is at least a bit strange. A valid $this->BE_USER
object is not necessarily present in BE mode. Also the fact that an
extension makes 'creative' (I would not directly call it improper) use
of a function does not mean that it must be supported that way by the core.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert