[TYPO3-core] RFC #16832: Bug: error when using t3lib_TCEmain->clear_cacheCmd in frontend

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Dec 25 20:00:26 CET 2010

> IIRC tcemain is not meant to be used frontend? But, if it is, there
> should be the same condition for each and every function in tcemain
> using a backend(-user) related function!
>
> Maybe a function/possibility of clearing cache from frontend should be
> introduced to a different class (t3lib_div?)?!

SteffenK already wrote that he's planning a centralized way for cache
clearing. However I doubt that it will/can go into 4.5.
And although TCEmain is not meant to be used in FE, this particular
function is in use and didn't break with 4.4, but breaks with 4.5

Thus +1 by reading

Kind regards
Steffen

--