[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #16430: Optimize stdWrap usage for GIFBUILDER

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sat Dec 25 02:36:17 CET 2010

>> Solution: The attached patch changes this behaviour by optimizing the
>> usage of stdWrap wherever it occured and introducing additional
>> stdWrap functions to almost any GIFBUILDER element and parameter.
>
> I'm going through a list of graphics related issues and stumbled upon:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14147
>
> It seems that for example inside checkTextObj() still a lot of
> properties do not have stdWrap support. Was there any reason not to
> add stdWrap support here?

Ho ho ho,  Jigal - still busy even on Xmas eve ? ;-)

I already commented on 14147 in the bugtracker.
breakWidth is just used in checkTextObj() to decide if the limit of 100 should be set or not.
So it doesn't make sense to change it the way it was meant to be done by the patch of 14147, since its handled by t3lib_stdgraphic, which itself hasn't been stdWrap optimized yet.

But there is good news: All the magic you expect for checkTextObj() already happens in lines 570 to 575.
So the parameters should all be stdWrapped in current trunk.

Same thing happens for GIFBUILDER itself in lines 411 to 416.
Which means, that all GIFBUILDER parameters and elements should be stdWrapped as well.

I didn't test it yet, but I guess breakWidth should be working stdWrapped too, since it's set within the GIFBUILDER conf.

Have some nice holidays

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian