[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #16430: Optimize stdWrap usage for GIFBUILDER

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 25 13:57:29 CET 2010

Hi Joey,

On 25-12-2010 2:36, JoH asenau wrote:
> Ho ho ho,  Jigal - still busy even on Xmas eve ? ;-)

Hoho! Yes, free time to check some IM related stuff

> I already commented on 14147 in the bugtracker. breakWidth is just
> used in checkTextObj() to decide if the limit of 100 should be set or
> not. So it doesn't make sense to change it the way it was meant to be
> done by the patch of 14147, since its handled by t3lib_stdgraphic,
> which itself hasn't been stdWrap optimized yet.

I just checked and with all text-related GIFBUILDER objects (TEXT,
SHADOW, EMBOSS and OUTLINE) the checkTextObj() method is called. So this
means that breakWidth has currently full stdWrap support.

I missed in my first check the lines which do the magic for all parameters.

Since 14147 is a feature and not a bug it can't go into 4.4 or earlier.
I'll close it because it has been implemented in 16430.
Thanks for taking care of all the stdWrap magic!

Merry Christmas!

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert