[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16800: Exec-wrapper

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Dec 23 21:31:57 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 23.12.2010 16:11, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>> But do we really want to name the new method "exec" only and place it in
>> t3lib_div? It does not perfectly fit, baecause this class has/ had
>> another concern, but how about putting it in t3lib_exec?
> This was also my first idea: Why pollute t3lib_div more and more ;)
>
> Shouldn't it be t3lib_utility_exec?
> Dunno, if it should be t3lib_utility_exec or t3lib_utility_cli (as I
> would expect CLI to be more related to run TYPO3 in CLI mode, not TYPO3
> running CLI programs).

please make these suggestions independent from vote. I don't like this
discussion on every issue that adds something to t3lib_div

*_exec makes no sense for one function
*_cli is simply wrong

I'm fine move it to an utility class, some ideas
t3lib_utility_LowLevel
t3lib_utility_System

all of this is only half-baken, instead there should be a initiate set
of utility classes and then spreading div-functions into.

Nethertheless the wrapper function has a clear purpose, please review ;)

vg Steffen