[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16737: sendCacheHeaders: Wrong usage of Pragma: public and no-cache

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Dec 14 13:48:05 CET 2010

Am 14.12.2010 13:30, schrieb Georg Kuehnberger:

> Accoring to my understanding "Pragma: public" is wrong accoring to the RFC, and pretty much useless,
> as it should not be interpreted by any client or intermediary cache. (wrong+useless = bug, to me).

> Thus TYPO3 should eigther drop it or replace it with a correct:
> "Cache-control: public, max-age=..."

Adding "public" to Cache-Control makes sens

> You might want to check http://redbot.org/?uri=http://typo3.org/ stating: "The Pragma header is
> being used in an undefined way".

Redbot errs in its report. The relevant part of the RFC allows any token (as extension pragma).

10.12  Pragma

   The Pragma general-header field is used to include implementation-
   specific directives that may apply to any recipient along the
   request/response chain. All pragma directives specify optional
   behavior from the viewpoint of the protocol; however, some systems
   may require that behavior be consistent with the directives.

       Pragma           = "Pragma" ":" 1#pragma-directive

       pragma-directive = "no-cache" | extension-pragma
       extension-pragma = token [ "=" word ]
       token            = 1*<any CHAR except CTLs or tspecials>

Masi