[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16737: sendCacheHeaders: Wrong usage of Pragma: public and no-cache

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Tue Dec 14 13:30:45 CET 2010

On 14.12.2010 09:49, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 14.12.10 09:01, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what the reasoning of the patch is. Is it to save bandwith? As the "no-cache" is more
>> important I would rather drop the "Pragma: public" but not the "Pragma: no-cache".
>
> Without knowing the reason (besides the RFC) why this should be changed,
> I tend to drop this RFC.
>
> @Georg: If you still think this is a bug, please explain the problems
> you experience with the headers beeing sent.

Accoring to my understanding "Pragma: public" is wrong accoring to the
RFC, and pretty much useless, as it should not be interpreted by any
client or intermediary cache. (wrong+useless = bug, to me).
Thus TYPO3 should eigther drop it or replace it with a correct:
"Cache-control: public, max-age=..."

You might want to check http://redbot.org/?uri=http://typo3.org/
stating: "The Pragma header is being used in an undefined way".

regards georg