[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16737: sendCacheHeaders: Wrong usage of Pragma: public and no-cache

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 14 14:06:42 CET 2010

Hi,

On 14-12-2010 13:48, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Am 14.12.2010 13:30, schrieb Georg Kuehnberger:
>> Accoring to my understanding "Pragma: public" is wrong accoring to the RFC, and pretty much useless,
>> as it should not be interpreted by any client or intermediary cache. (wrong+useless = bug, to me).
(...)
> Redbot errs in its report. The relevant part of the RFC allows any token (as extension pragma).

I agree with Masi here. The fact that the RFC hasn't defined 'public' as
a possible value does not mean that no machines in the request-result
chain will use it.

So it is not "wrong" and I can't say for certain that it is "useless"
either. Unless there is evidence of a problem or error somewhere (a
certain proxy acts incorrect, etc.) I would not remove any directive.

"If it ain't broken don't fix it."

So, for now -1 .

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,