[TYPO3-core] RFC #16656 : bug : ImageMagick does not work with quotes in exec() path on Windows

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 14 08:23:30 CET 2010

Hi,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16656

Branches: trunk / 4.4

Problem:
If the following conditions are met
- OS is Windows
- PHP version is below 5.3
- more than two double quotes are present in the command
a call to a command line function such as exec() will fail due to a bug
in the way PHP calls the command line processor. PHP 5.2 will not
receive any updates anymore, so this bug will not be solved in PHP.

Solution:
Three workarounds are possible:
- use "short path" names (aka DOS 8.3 names), but these are not active
in all Windows installations
- put the command in a .bat file and execute that file
- put a dummy command in front of the actual command (e.g. c: & ----- )

The least intrusive solution is the last one, because we won't have to
take care about cleaning up the .bat files.

Notes:
I will look into a solution for the Install Tool too.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl