[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16737: sendCacheHeaders: Wrong usage of Pragma: public and no-cache

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Wed Dec 15 23:56:41 CET 2010

On 14.12.2010 16:41, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Problem:
>> Given chache-headers are turned on via config.sendCacheHeaders = 1
>> class.tslib_fe.php outputs "Pragma: public" which is plain wrong.
>> Additionally class.tslib_fe.php outputs "Pragma: no-cache" which is
>> depricated since HTTP/1.1.
>>
>> - "Pragma: public" as http-header-response, never existed in HTTP/1.0
>> and neighter in HTTP/1.1, as public is implicit, thus should be removed.
>>
>> - "Pragma: no-cache" is deprecated in HTTP/1.1 and should also be
>> removed, since "Cache-Control: no-cache ..." is returned anyway and
>> correct.
>
> RFC dropped. I've closed the issue in BT. Hope you're okay with the
> objections, Georg!

Steffen, all,
Thanks for your arguments & discussion.
Even if I fail to understand some of the arguments and still feel pragma
public should be removed, I accept your decission.

I'll simply craete an extension which will allow the configuration of
all existing headers (eg. remove pragma public) and allow the
modification and addition of some more http-headers (as is required by a
project we're working on anyways). I'll publish it on forge asa its stable.

regards georg