[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16134: TYPO3 doesn't always fix permissions for new files

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Dec 6 23:26:33 CET 2010

Hey.

On 12/04/2010 09:51 AM, Tolleiv.Nietsch wrote:
> Am 01.12.2010 10:48, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
>> - Add at least unit test for the t3lib_div changes
>
> None of the patched t3lib_div methods has a basic coverage within the
> existing unit tests, it might take some time to write up proper tests
> for things like t3lib_div::sysLog or t3lib_div::deprecationLog and imho
> it doesn't make sense at all to test things like
> t3lib_div::png_to_gif_by_imagemagick which just call imagemagik with a
> certain parameter set.

Actually, it's not *that* hard, see attached tests. My personal rule of
thumb is to add unit test to t3lib_div for every change I do, if
possible. I've also added tests for t3lib_iconworks and t3lib_lock and
just left out thumbs.php as it's currently untestable without further
actions taken.

+1 on reading and testing to attached versions.

It's imho important to fix those issues in stable versions as well, thus
I've attached patches which apply to 4.3 and 4.4.
Thanks for discovering deprecation log and the lock files!

Your reviews are now complete. I don't want to "steal" your commit, so
please do, maybe after a tiny post-review and running the tests. In fact
I just added the tests and a fixPermissions() call to another one of
those t3lib_div image-foo methods.

4.3:
- apply 16134_03-4.3.diff

4.4:
- apply 16134_03-4.4.diff
- apply 16134_03-test-4.4.diff
- add clear.gif to tests/t3lib/fixtures/
- add clear.png to tests/t3lib/fixtures/

trunk:
- apply 16134_03.diff
- apply 16134_03-test.diff
- add clear.gif to tests/t3lib/fixtures/
- add clear.png to tests/t3lib/fixtures/

Thanks
Christian