[TYPO3-core] RFC #15580: Add calls to logDeprecatedFunction() for more deprecated functions

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sat Aug 28 08:50:22 CEST 2010

Am 28.08.2010 08:38, schrieb Sebastian Michaelsen:
> Should we at the same time update the "will be removed in 4.x" messages?
>
> Functions that had no deprecation log so far should not be removed in
> 4.6. Because if the deprecation log is empty a webmaster would not think
> to break his installation on an update.

I don't think so.... There are several "breaking changes" in pipeline
which are postponed to 4.6 due tue 4.5 LTS beeing a more "business
version" which should not do such.
Therefore "this breaking behaviour" is expected in 4.6. And due to LTS
you have a long time to adapt your installations :)

regards

Steffen