[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15290: Bug: Wrong behaviour of workspace preview setting "Enable Frontend Preview"

Andreas Kiessling andreas.kiessling at web.de
Sat Aug 21 12:04:47 CEST 2010

Hi Francois,

you have found a very strange bug here.
Let me guess: you switched to a workspace, then switched back to live
and opend the preview window? Funny that i didn't test that. I must have
have reloaded the whole backend, which accidentally fixed that error.

I think i have tracked down the problem: Live-Workspace has the id 0,
and when the ajax response is generated from the workspace menu,
addContent in class.typo3ajax.php is used. But since the content for the
response is 0, the key is not added (empty(0)). So the check for 0 later
on fails, your browser still thinks it's in a workspace and the split
preview is used... I don't know if changing the behaviour of addContent
will do more harm than good, so i adjusted workspacemenu.js to check if
there is a response for the workspace id. If not: use live workspace.

Attached patch is for 4.5 only, but these 3 lines can be easily adjusted.
I also changed the comparison to for the check to strict, sorry for that
glitch.

Could you please test the new patch? If it works for you, i will prepare
a new one for 4.4

Regards and thanks for your feedback,
Andreas