[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15290: Bug: Wrong behaviour of workspace preview setting "Enable Frontend Preview"

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Aug 19 12:29:56 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

> Problem:
> Until 4.4 (see Bug 14097 / rev. 7359) the setting "Enable Frontend
> Preview" triggered this behavior:
> unchecked = split-view with 3 frames to view live, draft and workspace
> management
> checked = only selected workspace is shown in frontend

I confirm the problem.

> Current situation:
> unchecked = preview shows live version of page, even when in a workspace
> checked = split-view like mentioned above
>
> Solution: the two generated urls for the preview modes need to be
> switched to restore the previous behaviour. Additionally, it needs to be
> checked if the live workspace is active, so the setting for "Enable
> Frontend Preview" can be discarded in this case.

Thanks for your patch. However it doesn't fully work for me. Although
the workspace preview works as expected, I also get a split preview in
the LIVE workspace when "Enable Frontend Preview" is not checked.

I don't have the time to dig deeper into this. Can you take a second
look and come up with a corrected patch please?

BTW I don't know it it may help, but I think the regression was
introduced in the following revision:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/repository/revisions/7359

Incidentally it would be nice to hide the "Enable Frontend Preview"
checkbox entirely when in the LIVE workspace, but that should be another
RFC.

Chers

--

Francois Suter