[TYPO3-core] RFC #15108: Bug/Code cleanup: .htaccess cleanups

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Aug 19 21:16:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

> In my opinion it's not a good idea to a code sample here and a sample there.
 > Especially when thinking about maintainability this is horrible.
.. and it's sometimes also important, in what order the entries in
.htaccess are. I remember having lots of discussions, because some
people had these rules not at the first place of their file, while the
end phase of the 4.4 developement. Therefore I prefer the reference to
the complete .htaccess file instead of snippets.

> So there's only one way to go: Merge all .htaccess stuff to only one single file!
> (Actually I would also remove this misc/simple.htaccess file)
You're not the first one having this in mind ;-)
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14791

I know (think?) that the packaging scripts have to be adjusted. That's
why I didn't bring the topic up, yet. Will start right now in the v4 list.

Your changes to the .htaccess file itself are a bit a different issue.
Although I gave you my "looks good" in the BT, maybe we (you ;-)) should
do this in a separate RFC?

Kind regards
Steffen

--