[TYPO3-core] RFC #15108: Bug/Code cleanup: .htaccess cleanups

Markus Klein m.klein at mfc-linz.at
Thu Aug 19 20:56:40 CEST 2010

Hi Ernesto,

I read the discussion about your RFC.
This one is not only about cleaning the Installer but rather about cleaning up all this .htaccess code spread throughout a couple of files and the Installer.
In my opinion it's not a good idea to a code sample here and a sample there. Especially when thinking about maintainability this is horrible.
For instance, the _.htaccess file shipped with 4.4.2 dummy package is not the same as the misc/advanced.htaccess file.
Furthermore there's this tiny '/' bug in misc/advanced.htaccess which is not present in _.htaccess.

So there's only one way to go: Merge all .htaccess stuff to only one single file!
(Actually I would also remove this misc/simple.htaccess file)

BTW: It's a great idea to improve the Installer->All Configuration section.

cheers
Markus