[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #14113: IRRE takes 100000 as default for TCA maxitems but it should be 1

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:10:24 CEST 2010

Hi!

Jochen Rau wrote:
> We can turn it around and "fix" the documentation allowing the default
> of 'maxitems' to be inconsistent across the different types.

It is probably better. It often makes sense to have only 1 element selected
in group&select but IRRE field with only 1 element does not look logical.

The best would be to change docs and explicitly mention the difference for
"maxitems" in IRRE. Something like: "Note that it is different from
"select" and "group" types that have 1 as a default value for this option."

What do you think?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member