[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #14113: IRRE takes 100000 as default for TCA maxitems but it should be 1

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu Apr 15 11:23:08 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry.

On 15.04.10 09:38, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jochen Rau wrote:
>> The attached patch changes the default of "maxitems" for type "inline"
>> to 1. This is a breaking change [!!!].
>
> What about using update wizard? It was made for users to let them decide
> what to do with breaking changes.

Unfortunately, that's not that easy. The bug is indeed in the core. You
might be able to decide during installation to apply the fix (and/or a
fix to all installed extensions). But this will break the TYPO3 instance
anyway the next time an unfixed extension is installed. This is because
of "sleeping bugs" inside the extensions, namely the lack of "'maxitems'
=> 9999" for type 'inline' as it is documented and consistent with types
'select' and 'group'.

We can turn it around and "fix" the documentation allowing the default
of 'maxitems' to be inconsistent across the different types.

Jochen