[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #14113: IRRE takes 100000 as default for TCA maxitems but it should be 1

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu Apr 15 12:46:50 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 15.04.10 12:10, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jochen Rau wrote:
>> We can turn it around and "fix" the documentation allowing the default
>> of 'maxitems' to be inconsistent across the different types.
>
> It is probably better. It often makes sense to have only 1 element selected
> in group&select but IRRE field with only 1 element does not look logical.

Having maxitems set to 1 for type "inline" is quite useful in
combination with useCombination and 1:1 relations.

> The best would be to change docs and explicitly mention the difference for
> "maxitems" in IRRE. Something like: "Note that it is different from
> "select" and "group" types that have 1 as a default value for this option."
>
> What do you think?

I fully agree here. It's a hassle free solution and doesn't break any
existing code (ok I have to fix Extbase, but that's not too difficult ;-) ).

Ehrm. What's next? Any suggestions from other developers?

Regards
Jochen