[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5678: Missing clearer div in csc-textpic-intext-left/csc-textpic-intext-right

Susanne Moog s.moog at neusta.de
Wed Apr 14 10:49:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 14.04.2010 10:26, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
>> The only mess is that every change here leads to a "change of behaviour"
>> so installer updater is needed and a new version of static.txt, see my
>> other note.
>
> Is it "the only"? :) To be it is a "major" change, which deserved a well
> defined RFC.
>
> Think of it. If I want to add a totally new rendering way through a new CSS
> styled content, I can now post an RFC saying "Tweak rendering a little". It
> is neither descriptive, nor it helps to track who did what, how and when.
> Titles must always show what is really inside.
>
> For this particular RFC it should have been two:
> - "Add a 4.3 version of CSS static content template" (needed for #2)
> - "Add clearer DIV to csc-textpic" (depended on #1)
>
> This would clearly separate two tasks and show it well in history. Now a
> simple clearer div is well hidden in a 1188 line diff! It should have been
> only 5 lines, not 1188.

you are probably right. So for the next time the way to go would be:
Open two bugs, one for the bug, one for the structural change required
and make them dependent on each other. Then make RFCs for both and get
them committed in single commits, so we have two revisions afterwards.
That's what you meant, right?

Is it ok to leave the change as committed now and do that the next time?

Best regards,

Susanne