[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5678: Missing clearer div in csc-textpic-intext-left/csc-textpic-intext-right

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Apr 14 10:34:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> i can't share your disappointment. The patch only ads the <div
>> class="csc-textpic-clear"><!-- --></div> in text with pic left, which is
>> there in all other combinations. No new css is used.
>
> It adds a whole new template for CSS static content. So it is not just
> clearer div. That's the point.

yes, that's i wrote too in other post, and it's horror in my eyes too.
We'll discuss that in core meeting as this strategy started some time
before (complete files for each version)

>> The only mess is that every change here leads to a "change of behaviour"
>> so installer updater is needed and a new version of static.txt, see my
>> other note.
>
> Is it "the only"? :) To be it is a "major" change, which deserved a well
> defined RFC.

the title says exactly what the RFC does.

> Think of it. If I want to add a totally new rendering way through a new CSS
> styled content, I can now post an RFC saying "Tweak rendering a little". It
> is neither descriptive, nor it helps to track who did what, how and when.
> Titles must always show what is really inside.
>
> For this particular RFC it should have been two:
> - "Add a 4.3 version of CSS static content template" (needed for #2)
> - "Add clearer DIV to csc-textpic" (depended on #1)
>
> This would clearly separate two tasks and show it well in history. Now a
> simple clearer div is well hidden in a 1188 line diff! It should have been
> only 5 lines, not 1188.
>
> It is about clarity and organization of our code.

it's more a stratefy of changing this. I don't like the whole new file
too. That's why i asked Susanne to split the patch to see what really
changed, and she did. Didn't you read that?

vg Steffen