[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011824: Links accross Domains not known by linkData and therefore also RealURL

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:51:26 CEST 2009

Рш!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> As far as I understood, the problem is different realurl settings for
> different domains. The linkData as we had before just called realurl in
> the *current* domain's context, thus realurl loaded its setup based in
> the current domain. Apparently this is wrong when different domains have
> different realurl settings and the link points from one domain to the other.
>
> The new feature will add the *destination* domain as a further parameter
> ('targetDomain') to the args array of the linkData-PostProc hook, so
> that realurl can load the correct setup before generating the link.

RealURL correctly generates cross–domain links for over a year. This was introduced in 4.2. The only thing it needs is correct rootpage_id. And having rootpage_id saves an extra SQL query on sys_domain table. Therefore rootpage_id will be required anyway and I do not see how this new parameter can help. rootpage_id will be required anyway because it saved a lot of SQL work to determine current root page.

So RealURL already have all this working. I really fail to see how this can help to RealURL.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd