[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011824: Links accross Domains not known by linkData and therefore also RealURL

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Sep 25 12:02:05 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Рш!
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> As far as I understood, the problem is different realurl settings for
>> different domains. The linkData as we had before just called realurl in
>> the *current* domain's context, thus realurl loaded its setup based in
>> the current domain. Apparently this is wrong when different domains have
>> different realurl settings and the link points from one domain to the other.
>>
>> The new feature will add the *destination* domain as a further parameter
>> ('targetDomain') to the args array of the linkData-PostProc hook, so
>> that realurl can load the correct setup before generating the link.
>
> RealURL correctly generates cross–domain links for over a year. This was introduced in 4.2. The only thing it needs is correct rootpage_id. And having rootpage_id saves an extra SQL query on sys_domain table. Therefore rootpage_id will be required anyway and I do not see how this new parameter can help. rootpage_id will be required anyway because it saved a lot of SQL work to determine current root page.
>
> So RealURL already have all this working. I really fail to see how this can help to RealURL.

Beats me, sorry.. Maybe realurl doesn't have to do any query at all to
figure out the correct domain. But if this doesn't help, I wonder why
this feature was introduced. It won't hurt of course, but maybe someone
could explain. Daniel Pötzinger said that a "patch for realurl is
waiting" for this...

Cheers,
Ernesto