[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011824: Links accross Domains not known by linkData and therefore also RealURL

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Sep 24 15:57:34 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> will that change require a new realurl version to be used? Does Dmitry
>> knows about this new feature?
>
> I did not test it but I hope it was tested by somebody. RealURL must be compatible with 4.2 and 4.3. If behavior of link generation is different between 4.2 and 4.3, then it is a bug of 4.3. For the 4.3 RealURL is aware of a longer cHash. But I do not know what this patch really does and how it will affect RealURL.

As far as I understood, the problem is different realurl settings for
different domains. The linkData as we had before just called realurl in
the *current* domain's context, thus realurl loaded its setup based in
the current domain. Apparently this is wrong when different domains have
different realurl settings and the link points from one domain to the other.

The new feature will add the *destination* domain as a further parameter
('targetDomain') to the args array of the linkData-PostProc hook, so
that realurl can load the correct setup before generating the link.

So it will not break realurl, but realurl can benefit from it.

But maybe I understood it wrong, you will know better if what I said
made sense. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto