[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12031: Fields alias & content_from_pid are missing in exludelist

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Tue Sep 22 21:08:07 CEST 2009

Hi,
> As Masi already pointed out, this change will have negative side-effects
> concerning backwards compatibility.

but isnt that with so many things? And there is nothing broken, there
are no no extra fields displayed but the only thing which can or will
happen is that the 2 fields are not shown again. It is even not that
other way round that an editor sees more than before updating!

> everything has to be
> checked then when upgrading to TYPO3 4.3 or any later version.

but this is the case with every update and everything, especially with
so many changes in 4.3?

The new login styling has broken my extension chloginskin because there
are new classes and ids and even a new concept! Nobody asked ;)

> Thus: -1 for this change

I still fully understand your concerns  and I can live with it but I am
certainly not happy with it because there are not only the ones who
update but also the ones who begin with 4.3. or 4.3.2 or 4.4. and IMO it
makes just very little sense telling those "ah yeah every field can be
disabeld in the be_groups but just not these 2 but you need to
understand - historical reasons" .......

Georg